How about the LPARNAME in /proc/sysinfo.
Ron
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: "Alan Schilla (OET)" <alan.schi...@state.mn.us>

Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 08:10:06
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU<LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
Subject: Re: DR and Linux native lpar

I have been giving this some thought lately too. I have been planning to
extract the cpu serial number from /proc/cpuinfo. This should tell me whether
or not I am on my normal production hardware. The problem I have with this is
remembering that I need to change the script when we move zVM or Linux to a
different system or replace hardware. That's the scary part. I am looking for
something system wide yet better controllable that cpuid.

Al Schilla
Systems Programmer
Enterprise Technology Services
Office of Enterprise Technologies