Rob wrote:

> Some of you have heard me present about the need for idle Linux
> servers drop from queue. When idle servers don't drop from queue they
> continue to consume memory real memory resources. I have explained at
> many occasions that some applications in Linux prevent the virtual
> machine dropping from queue. They never get "true idle"

Not having had the good fortune to listen to any of Robs presentations, I
went and downloaded a few.

The recent thread(s) on cpuplugd and his contention that one CPU images
are better seemed somewhat counter-intuitive and got my interest.
The presentations offered more "meat" to think about. Thanks for that.

Shane  ...

  • PowerTop Rob van der Heij
    • Re: PowerTop Shane Ginnane