>1.      We found that when you add OSAs to a Vswitch and setup link
>aggregation that the OSAs is used only on that Vswitch.

That is by definition. Setting up layer2 LACP requires exclusivity for the OSA
chpid.

>2.      When you setup port channeling in the Real Switch you must be
>reading (Vswitch side) from every OSA

Also by definition. An OSA not answering port channeling frames is down as far
as the inquiring side is concerned.

>3.      This seems to be the only way we could configure to support a
>real switch failure.

No, it can be done for example with Cisco VSS switch pairs, where the failover
of the real switch box is a function of the VSS code. Other vendors may/may not
have this feature, I am no networking guy.

Now to your main question: how are you going to tell the two VSWITCHes involved
the VNICs form a port channel? It does not even work with one VSWITCH (I tried)
as VSWITCH has no port channeling other than to real OSA's. You can define two
VNICs on one guest to the same VSWITCH and put Linux bonding to them, but only
one VNIC will be used. The other one is useless and does not even have a role
as failover as the first one can have no hardware failure to failover from.

Best regards,
Pieter Harder

pieter.har...@brabantwater.nl
tel  +31-73-6837133 / +31-6-47272537