From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of
William D Carroll
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 4:16 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: RED HAT 5.2 KICKSTART

It can be FTP,HTTP,NFS or a file on disc (not for us of course)
most use http because then they can use scripting to autogenerate
kickstartfile (perl,php etc)
my question is
I see
ks=ftp://lftp:pa55w...@10.15.0.107/SPACE/RHEL52/KICKSTART

is that path correct for the ftp site?
ie. is SPACE/RHEL52/KICKSTART supposed to be caps.  if not it would fail

from what you sent
it tried
ftp://lftp:pa55w...@10.15.0.107//SPACE/RHEL52/KICKSTART to a fd
that failed
then it tried http which it will always try http as a last resort.
http://lftp:pa55w...@10.15.0.107///SPACE/HEL52/KICKSTART
which failed as well

so double check your FTP URL and the case of the path

William 'Doug' Carroll
Mainframe Systems Eng Sr I
Global Technology Infrastructure
RedHat Certified Engineer:  805008304430937