Yes, there definitely is a Windows version of Hercules.  It's linked
from the Hercules home page.

Works pretty much like the Linux version.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of
Phil Knirsch
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 8:12 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] Fedora 11 s390x preview

On 06/19/2009 02:24 AM, Bernie Saward wrote:
> Two questions
>
> Is this the "Zedora" that I have heard about ???

Nope. This is the "real deal", meaning we're currently getting s390x
ready as an official secondary arch for Fedora again. It took quite a
bit of time and lots of politics/religion. Right now only a few minor
things missing (like a proper spot for our secondary arch koji hub)
until we're set in regard to infrastructure. Technically as you can see
we're pretty close to being done. There are only a few hundred build
failures remaining, some anaconda, NetworkManager and parted work needs
to be done but other than that it's working.

> Has anyone done a Windows version of the Hercules image??   As in the
.init
> and .cfg files and a brief howto ??

At least i haven't looked into that yet. You might find more info how to
do that on in the hercules docu and/or forums i suspect, but it
shouldn't be too hard. As long as you don't need any external connection
for your guest it's easy as you can simply connect to the interface via
putty from your local machine.

How to set up NAT/Bridging/ProxyARP on Windows though i have no clue.

Regards, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch              | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Team Lead Core Services      | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or
proprietary, and if you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender, do not use or share it and delete it. Unless specifically indicated,
this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any investment
products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any
transaction, or an official statement of Merrill Lynch. Subject to applicable
law, Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC)
traveling through its networks/systems. The laws of the country of each
sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC may be archived,
supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you are
located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
References to "Merrill Lynch" are references to any company in the Merrill
Lynch & Co., Inc. group of companies, which are wholly-owned by Bank of America
Corporation. Securities and Insurance Products: * Are Not FDIC Insured * Are
Not Bank Guaranteed * May Lose Value * Are Not a Bank Deposit * Are Not a
Condition to Any Banking Service or Activity * Are Not Insured by Any Federal
Government Agency. Attachments that are part of this E-communication may have
additional important disclosures and disclaimers, which you should read. This
message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging with Merrill Lynch you
consent to the foregoing.