From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Jones,
Russell
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 8:01 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: [LINUX-390] Datacenter Move

I am running SUSE 10 in an LPAR. We are in the process datacenter
consolidation, and we will be moving all of our systems to a new
datacenter. After the move, the only changes should be the ip address
and he OSA device address. DASD addresses will all be the same.

The steps that I am aware of to make the changes are:

1. Rename /etc/sysconfig/hardware/hwcfg-qeth-bus-ccw-0.0.oldaddress to
/etc/sysconfig/hardware/hwcfg-qeth-bus-ccw-0.0.newaddress, and change
addresses inside the file.

2. Rename /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-qeth-bus-ccw-0.0.oldaddress to
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-qeth-bus-ccw-0.0.newaddress, and change
device addresses and the ip address inside the file.

I planned to pre-stage the new files in another directory. After IPLing
at the new datacenter, I would move the new files to the appropriate
directory and delete the old files from the HMC, and re-ipl. (Hopefully
with ip connectivity)

Is this all that I need to do? I just want to be sure that I am not
missing anything.

Thanks,

Russell Jones
ANPAC