Mark,

How do you switch back from Network Manager?

Dave

Dave Stuart
Prin. Info. Systems Support Analyst
County of Ventura, CA
805-662-6731
david.stu...@ventura.org

wrote:
> Hi Scott
>
> Found it as well, it looks like we have messed up config files , will look
> further tomorrow.

I don't think your config files will be affected.  After all, the main thing
Network Manager does is control which interface is active at any given point in
time.  It's going to need those configuration files to be valid.

I would say that all that is needed is to use the ifconfig command, not ifup or
ifdown, and "route add default gw" to get your network back up, and then SSH in
to run YaST to switch back to the traditional "netcontrol" management.