I would recommend talking to an Oracle representative directly about this
because there tends to float a whole lot of information around (sometimes
even by techs) that may or may not be entirely accurate.  Best bet is to
go to the source.

        Kris

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 04:16:42PM -0500, James Peddycord wrote:
> I was on a conference call with a couple of Oracle techs who said that
> Oracle is licensed on a "per core" basis, so that each IFL on a z/10 would
> count as 4 full price Oracle licenses. Has anyone else had experience with
> this? Is this correct?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim P.

> send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit

Never underestimate a Mage with:
 - the Intelligence to cast Magic Missile,
 - the Constitution to survive the first hit, and
 - the Dexterity to run fast enough to avoid being hit a second time.