Good afternoon Jan,
We use Tivoli monitor which works good (but not great), and we also
wanted to have a second method, so I looked at PROPs with much
disappointment. However we did come up with capturing exception messages
from Perfkit and send the information to our operational center.

You need to have Perfkit installed on your VM system. We focused on
capturing high DASD I/O and high CPU usage on our zLinux servers. We
wrote a separate set of scripts on each Linux server, not using PERFKIT,
to check swapping and memory (using crontab). But memory and swapping
may also be done through PERFKIT, I just did not explore that option
yet.

This involved setting limits in FCONX $PROFILE on PERFSVM, and then
creating a REXX (JSEND) to pass the message from VM to a Linux guest,
which in turn passed the message to our operators in our situation room
to notify us of any problems.

I can send you detail information on the simple code we wrote to your
email address off the list if you would like. Drop me a request to my
personal email, jhchap...@comcast.net, and I will pass you that
information.

James Chaplin
Systems Programmer, MVS, zVM & zLinux