From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Rodger
Donaldson
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 6:07 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: WebSphere Application Server for zLinux

On Tue, September 8, 2009 19:46, Jose Munonz wrote:
> Hi Tore,
>
> Thanks a lot for your answers. Our applications have a big session data
> size (400KB) and these applications have thousands of users, therefore
> they require a big JVM heap size. Could we have a heap size of 10 GB using
> 64 bits?

We've had excellent performance with 4 GB and larger JVMs; our experience
with the 1.5 JVM in WAS 6.1 is that you can get excellent performance with
large memory allocations.  Note, though, that can be dependent on the
application.

I would be more concerned about the large session sizes - if you're using
clustering between guests you'll quite likely see high CPU use serialising
sessions that large.