Van: Linux on 390 Port [linux-...@vm.marist.edu] namens Ron Foster at Baldor-IS
[rfos...@baldor.com]
Verzonden: maandag 12 oktober 2009 22:03
Aan: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Onderwerp: RMF PM presentation from System z Expo

Hello,

Last week my boss attended a presentation "Monitoring Linux Performance
with RMF"

Now he is wanting it installed and would like to evaluate it.

Way back in the 2005 and 2006 time frame we looked at it.  Primarily
based on what we found on the internet, we discontinued it's use.

I have done a little searching on the mailing list archives.  I have not
found very many good things to say about using RMF to monitor Linux.
However, most of the threads mentioning this are a few years old.

Does anyone have any comments about using RMF to monitor Linux?

Is anyone using it?

Anything we should look out for?

Thanks,
Ron