>> When that happens you are either:
>> 1. Not using NPIV, and thus suffering the consequences.
>> 2. Or should immediately take your storage admins to the woodshed
>> for giving out unwarranted access rights.
>>

>Regarding 1, Rob's statement was correct because NPIV cannot be used when
>point-to-point.

I stand by my point 1. If you decide not to use NPIV, either by choice or
hardware setup design, you have to face the consequences. Besides I think that
when you are able to afford a zed, but not a low-end SAN switch, you are in a
rather unique budgetary situation. And of course Rob is right that once you are
in a non-NPIV situation the best you can do is have CP provide the isolation
between guests. But maybe if you can't afford a low-end SAN switch you can't
afford z/VM either.

Best regards,
Pieter Harder

pieter.har...@brabantwater.nl