'date' reports the current time and date, along with the current time zone.
Does 'date' show MST? Or is it CST, but an hour off?

In the case of the former:

You can set the timezone in Linux (UNIX) on a per-user basis. It's the TZ
environment variable. You may have it set for your user session.

        echo $TZ

If it's blank, you're getting the system default (what appears in YaST), and I
can't account for the difference. If it's set to MST7MDT or whatever, then you
have your answer. The next trick is to figure out where it's being (re)set from.

Worst case, you can unset TZ for Websphere to pick up the default, or set it
outright to CST6CDT.

If the time zone is correct but the clock is off, something else is wrong.

ok
r.