On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 03:01:43PM +0200, Offer Baruch wrote:

> I am using redhat v5.2.
> my zfcp definitions are at /etc/zfcp.conf (just another text config file
> with the WWPNs in it).
> but i think that this file is read very early in the boot process. when? i
> don't know.
> I would like to change the file before it is read by zfcp.

Looking at a Redhat system here, i find that the script
/sbin/zfcpconf.sh reads the configuration file /etc/zfcp.conf. This
script is run from udev when the zfcp module is loaded in the kernel:

# grep -r zfcpconf.sh /etc/
/etc/udev/rules.d/56-zfcp.rules:KERNEL=="zfcp_cfdc", RUN+="/sbin/zfcpconf.sh"

If you wanted to change the configuration file before that step, you
could add another file in /etc/udev/rules.d/ to run your script first,
e.g. create a file /etc/udev/rules.d/55-local-zfcp-conf.rules with the
line:
KERNEL=="zfcp_cfdc", RUN+="/usr/local/sbin/update-zfcp-conf.sh"

--
Christof Schmitt