Hi Dale, I'm not using Putty. I'm using a Linux "Shell - Konsole" on an
old version of Linux running on a PC, and I'm logging in with the
following command:
   ssh -2 -4 -X r...@192.168.xxx.xxx
This is the same login command I use for both of my Suse9 and Suse10
systems.

Sue

Slaughter, Dale wrote:
For question 2 concerning yast2, if you're using PuTTY to connect, have
you loaded the session and changed the Connection->SSH->X11 to use X11
forwarding and XDM-Authorization-1, and also started Exceed, or whatever
whatever product you use to accept X11 output?