>>> On 1/8/2010 at 01:13 PM, rui <guidevelo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for your reply. So you mean to say that i can get source rpm for
> later SLES, say SLES 11 and then configure, make bootstrap it using the spec
> file in the src rpm.

Yes, but understand that with package name splits, different names for
"provides," etc. across version boundaries, you may need to make some tweaks to
the spec file to account for that.  I would tend to use the source RPM spec
file from a SLES9 package, and just update it with different source file names
and actual configuration options.  That's usually less trouble.

> Also can two versions of gcc exist on one system, if yes then how do i setup
> include, link and lib paths?

They can, but I've not done it using RPM, so I can't help much here.  I have to
say, though, spending an awful lot of time on platform that is going EOL
"relatively soon" probably isn't something I would do.