>>> On 1/13/2010 at 02:28 PM, "Frank M. Ramaekers" <framaek...@ailife.com>
>>> wrote:
> I come from a Red Hat (rpm, up2date and yum) background, so I'm lost
> when dealing with YaST2.   When I start yast2 and select "Software" and
> "Online Update", I get a message box with "No active update repository
> available.  Exit Online Update now?".   Where is the configuration for
> the "Update repository"?

First, you have to register the system with Novell Customer Center (NCC).
Unless you have a Subscription Management Tool (SMT) server already set up, in
which case you register it with the SMT server.  You can use:
YaST -> Support -> Novell Customer Center Configuration or run the
suse_register command manually.  I would recommend using YaST.  If all is
successful, nu.novell.com (or your SMT server) will be automatically added as
an update source.

If you do have an SMT server, make sure you enable mirroring for SLES11 before
registering your SLES11 system against it.  If you don't, the automatic
addition of the SMT server as an update source won't happen.