McKown, John wrote:
At one time, I had a PDF which was on the TIMI (Technology Independent
Machine Interface), which vaguely corresponds to the z's assembly
language. <shudder> It sort of reminds me of Java byte code or other
"high level" assembly instructions.

The iSeries is very cool. It is indeed like Java "only more so". Java
runs nicely on iSeries.

Don't dis the iSeries. It's VM's own offspring, conceptually, and very
attractive in its own right.

From 1995-2000 I participated in a lot of ultimately pointless
discussion about WIBNI IBM were to
open up VM to the world and make the POPS a "pop" platform.

Maybe IBM would now own the turf which VMWare owns had that happened.

--
Jack J. Woehr            # Reality is unpredictable, and no amount of computer
technology