From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Rob van
der Heij
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 6:30 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Location of network configuration

2010/2/15 van Sleeuwen, Berry <berry.vansleeu...@atosorigin.com>:

> The test machine can't start the connection for TSM backup. ifconfig
> shows only eth0. The f10 device is indeed available but for some reason
> it isn't started. I have compared the two guests but can't find a
> difference that could tell me why this networkinterface isn't started.

Does "ifup" start the device afterwards?

I recall with SLES10 an interface that worked upon "ifup" but did not
start by itself. I wasted quite some time without spotting the missing
MODULE="qeth" in the hwcfg-qeth-bus-ccw* file.

Rob

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm