From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Marcy
Cortes
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 11:29 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Linux vswitch layer2 OSA-Express2 (z9 ) to OSA-EXPRESS3 1000T (z10
) migration issue

We are running OSA code level 7.33 according to osa/sf
********************************
* CHPID DD information follows *
********************************
CHPID --------------------------> DD
PCHID --------------------------> 0381
Hardware model -----------------> OSA-Direct Express3
Subtype ------------------------> Gigabit Ethernet
Reset indicator ----------------> Not required
Modes configured ---------------> None
Processor code level -----------> 07.33

We have both SLES 9 (2.6.5-7.317) and SLES 10 (2.6.16.60-0.39.3) across layer 2
vswitch.
It'z z/VM 5.4 RSU 0902.

We didn't pick up a newer level with the reload (I had ran osa/sf before it and
the number was the same as it is now).

Are you running RedHat?   It sounds like you may have an issue to report to
them.

Marcy

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must
not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any
information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for
your cooperation."