Assuming the new dasd is at dasdb :   (this is from memory ... so beware)

dasdfmt -b 4096 -f /dev/dasdb    (assuming it isn't linux formatted)
fdasd -a /dev/dasdb
pvcreate /dev/dasdb1
vgextend VolGroup01 /dev/dasdb1
vgdisplay (and figure out the free space in VolGroup01)

Assuming you want to add the space to logical volume LogVol00:
lvextend -L xxG  /dev/VolGroup01/LogVol00      (where xxG is the amount of
free G in VolGroup01)

Scott Rohling