Dear all,

I am trying to understand how to use LDAP together with RACF/VM for
administering my LINUX Users.

I found very good presentations, redbooks and also the system documentation.
But I would like to raise some questions before I  am going to drown in all
that information.
It is only to set the  direction I will go for. ;-)

I would like to avoid splitting information among LDAP and RACF. It should
be more the other way around. Having everything needed in RACF and use LDAP
only as a kind of interface accessing the RACF database. This is because we
use other services (Active Directory) for keeping the addresses or phone
numbers. I would need that LDAP only to have a common repository for users
accessing the LINUX farm which should be (on purpose) be independent from
the active directory. Also I think the definition of a user in RACF is much
simpler  and my administrators are used to RACF than to LDAP.

Is it possible to use the OVM segment of RACF to keep UID, GID and SHELL
information instead of keeping this information in the LDAP Posix User
Class? Would it be possible that this information is retrieved by NSS?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards

Florian