I used the "add the new PVs and delete the old (and let LVM migrate the
extents)" method to move off dasd and it worked well. If you can't take the
filesystems down the method has the advantage of no downtime, and LVM moves
only the used PE's (physical extents) not the unused ones. Try it on a test
server.

This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or
otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it
to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its
attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
the e-mail from your system.