Don't have any servers running tomcat 6.

But haven't had any problems with tomcat 5 and Java 1.6.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of
Stock, Roger W
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2010 4:28 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: High CPU with Java 1.6 and Tomcat 6

Has anyone experienced high CPU when combining Java 1.6 with
apache-tomcat-6.0.24?
We installed a vended web app into this newly created environment and
CPU goes to 100%.
Its acting like a background timer since the app runs fine and there are
no response issue.
Since its running as a guest in our VM (zVM 5.3), its taking a lot of
CPU (running 3 IFL, so it effectively uses one of them).
They want to go production in a couple of months, so we need to get this
resolved soon.

Thanks for any help,
Roger

Roger Stock
Boston University
rst...@bu.edu<mailto:rst...@bu.edu>

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390
addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.