From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of
Mark Post
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2010 2:33 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: SLES10 upgrade from SP2 to SP3

wrote:
> I haven't been able to locate an instructions doc for upgrading from
> SLES10 SP2 to SP3.
> All I could find on the Novell website was a release notes doc.
> Don't know why I'm having so much trouble finding an upgrade doc this
> time around. I must just be brain dead.
> I usually use YaST2 to do upgrades.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It should be pretty straightforward.  Install all the remaining SP2
updates, then install the "move-to-sles10-sp3" patch.  Once that has
been completed you should be able to see a whole bunch of SP3 updates.
Install them and you should be at SP3.

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send
email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or
visit http://www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390
addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.