It's also nice to be able to stack a command that will be executed after the
PROFILE EXEC finishes (as long as it 'does' finish and not IPL something):

CP XAUTOLOG LINUX1#AUTOSTRT

AUTOSTRT would be stacked when the guest is started -- and then (hopefully)
executed.   So we don't want anything in the PROFILE EXEC to mess with it.
That's why 'well behaved' programs should always use MAKEBUF/DROPBUF or
restore the stack contents if they do mess with it.

The above is an example of how we automated a 'self cloning/configuring'
process at one customer of mine.   The common profile EXEC didn't rely on
AUTOSTRT falling through though -- it noticed it was in the stack and so
called AUTOSTRT EXEC itself -- or IPLed the Linux disk if it wasn't passed.

Scott Rohling

p.s.  You need to do something like "Address Command CP XAUTOLOG
LINUX1#AUTOSTRT" from an EXEC to not have the CP escape character get in
your way on the command line.