>>> On 6/2/2010 at 03:31 PM, LJ Mace <ljmace1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> We have a sles9 box that we need to enlarge a filesystem.
> The fs is ext3.
> I know I have to add it VM, done already
> Now  shutdown db2(fs we need to increase) and umount -l the fs
> Do the mknod to the packs to partition.
> Then go into yast and do a few incantations, which I have written down
> after it has been added to the lv(through yast) I will need to do 2 more
> things
> an e2fsck and resizefs.

dasd_configure 0.0.dddd 1
dasdfmt -f /dev/disk/by-path/ccw-0.0.dddd
fdasd -a /dev/disk/by-path/ccw-0.0.dddd
pvcreate /dev/disk/by-path/ccw-0.0.ddddp1
vgextend VGNAME /dev/disk/by-path/ccw-0.0.ddddp1
lvresize -L +xxm /dev/VGNAME/LVNAME
e2fsck /dev/VGNAME/LVNAME
resize2fs /dev/VGNAME/LVNAME

If your root file system is part of VGNAME, then mkintrd and zipl.

Or do it all in YaST and make it easier on yourself.