From:   Alan Altmark/Endicott/i...@ibmus
To:     LINUX-390@vm.marist.edu
Date:   06/08/2010 02:56 PM
Subject:        Re: Configuring networking in zVM under Hercules???
Sent by:        Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@vm.marist.edu>

On Tuesday, 06/08/2010 at 04:44 EDT, mydesravi...@gmail.com wrote:

> I 'm a student. I'm trying to install a SLES10 in z/VM 5.2 running under

> Hercules 3.06. I'm new in this. Just I want to learn more.

Unfortunately I have a bit of bad news for you, Marc.  IBM software
license agreements do not allow you to use z/VM on Hercules.  Whoever gave
you your copy of z/VM knows that and, further, knows that the license also
prohibits them from giving the software to someone else, even to a
student.  (That was a mean thing for them to do to you.)

While many on this list don't agree with IBM's choices in this matter,
they nonetheless respect IBM's right to make those choices for itself.

Alan Altmark
IBM

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or