On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Frank M. Ramaekers wrote:

Anyone using or plan on using "IBM System z Personal Development Tool"
(or ITC zPDT)?

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247721.html?Open

hmmm; new text

Starting with the E41.18 release of zPDT (spring 2010) the
1090 installation process checks for specific Red Hat and
openSUSE indicators and is not installable if one of these
distributions is not detected.4
        at page 24

and a footnote indicating some other distributions may pass
the tests (so a test seemingly looking fo text strings, rather
than any needed library feature; shame shame) --- Is it _so_
hard to look for the LSB features, and so let ALL LSB
compliant distributions run?

As I recall, the pricing was hard to justify for the Community
distributions, such as CentOS, where I toil

-- Russ herrold