tim.simp...@dundeecity.gov.uk wrote:
Hello,

I have never posted to the list before so sorry for any style errors I
make.

We have been running the CA proprietary version Ingres 2.6 for many years
on SLES8 31 bit on Zvm 5.3

We are in the process of moving to Zvm 6.1 and would like to go to SLES10
64bit

It would appear that CA no longer provide Zvm binaries

So I have downloaded the open source ingres 9.3 code, in an attempt to
build this version myself,

but it does not have any architecture definitions in it for S390 or S390x

I suggest you first build it on IA32 or AMD-64, which is probably where
all the action is.

Hopefully, what ever works there will also work on Zeds.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait