Peter,

http://www.novell.com/documentation/sles11/book_sle_deployment/data/cha_zseries.html
  is the System z specific information in the SLES11 documentation.  The
install for SLES11 SP1 nearly identical to SLES10.  Punch the IMAGE, PARMFILE
and INITRD.  IPL the reader to start the installer and then point the
installation to a NFS, FTP or HTTP install source.

I hope this helps.

Mike

<ofc5a6e9e7.b738bc67-on85257751.00520d0c-85257751.00523...@pepco.com>, "Peter