On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Agblad Tore <tore.agb...@volvo.com> wrote:

> It seams like I only have to wait for kernel 2.6.34
>
> http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/dw/linux390/docu/lk34dd06.pdf
>
> Chapter 24.
>
> It's not vmur, but it covers the same purpose :)

Right, that's the stuff Sir Martin was referring to. Though it has
been published upstream around 2.6.34, the distributions can retrofit
on an earlier kernel in their distribution (or back-patch, as the
Linux folks call it). So you'd need to know which service pack or
update ships it.

And for SMSG between LPARs, you'd still need several parts of CSE in
place (I believe it comes with shared spool).

| Rob

PS You did make me notice that the "34" in the document name probably
refers to the "34" in the kernel level. Never realized that... Wonder
if the "06" is for the "2.6"  :-)