>From my notes --   go to expert partitioner (select Custom Partitioning).
First create partitions for /boot and /.   Then create partitions you will
use for your volume group -- but do not mount and do not format!  Then
select 'Volume Management' and create a volume group, using the DASD you
prepared.   You can then create logical volumes you assign to the various
mount points you want (/var, /usr, etc)

Hope this helps

Scott Rohling