Hi Berry -   Thanks very much for your reply - you're right - I was being
too simplistic in plumbing the MONWRITE data.  I used MONVIEW and quickly
did an XLATE A2E against the output - I can now see dasda1, etc in the
output.  So I obviously need to parse the MONWRITE data correctly.   I'll
poke around the MONVIEW stuff to figure it out.

Thanks again!

Scott Rohling