Thanks.
Of course they frown on my putting in anything not from Novell distro or SDK.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Richard
Troth
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 9:47 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: the hessling editor and regina rexx

The latest release of THE is 3.3.  The latest release of Regina is 3.5.

As it happens, I built Regina and THE for NORD Linux.  These are ready-to-run,
not in RPM nor Deb format.  They are package hierarchies on CD and they should
fly on *any* distro immediately as-is.  You can, of course, copy the content
from the CD to your own disk.  Or you can mount the CD image and point to it.
You can even put these packages into a common storage place ... shared disk,
NFS, SAMBA, perhaps even SAN.  Find the CD at

        http://www.casita.net/pub/nord/CD1-s390.iso.gz

(It actually contains both "i386" and "s390" builds.  Sorry ... that makes it
twice as big.)  The hardest thing you have to do to use this directly is create
a /usr/opt directory for relocation sym-linkery.
Oh ... and you have to sym-link "libregina.so" in a place where the dynamic
loader will find it.  Small beans.  The recipe is ...

        mkdir -m 1777 -p /usr/opt # which can itself be sym-linked to /var
        ln -s /where/you/mounted/regina-3.3/s390 /usr/opt/regina-3.4
        ln -s regina.3.4 /usr/opt/regina
        ln -s /where/you/mounted/the-3.2/s390 /usr/opt/the-3.2
        ln -s the-3.2 /usr/opt/the
        ln -s /usr/opt/regina/lib/libregina.so /usr/local/lib/.

Unfortunately, as you can see, this THE and Regina are each one release back,
3.2 and 3.4 respectively.  Not sure how I missed updating them.

This reminds me that I should publish the current status of NORD Linux.  Been
meaning to do that since before a certain job change.

For more information on Linux on System z, visit http://wiki.linuxvm.org/