From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Michael
MacIsaac
Sent: den 3 november 2010 15:59
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Filesystem on several 3390-3

John,

You wrote:
> Any known problem  to define a file system on several 3390-3 (3 Gbyte)
We were recently burned and lost an LV on an old SLES 9 SP2 system.  The
person working on extending the LV was using yast.  Now I'm not saying
that yast has a bug (and if it did in SLES 9 it was probably fixed years
ago), but I have found that working with the LVM line commands is
preferable to yast (yast is fine when everything works, but when  This
also gives the bonus of being cross-distro.

and:
> I'll admit to not being too up on this,
In the "Miscellaneous Recipes" chapter of the Virtualization Cookbooks,
different LVM tasks are documented.  Perhaps they will help.

"Mike MacIsaac" <mike...@us.ibm.com>   (845) 433-7061