I have to say that I find doing Herc installs under Linux *soooo* much
easier. Including Linux hosting of any ancillary services - like nfs.
Especially if (like me) you just want it done - use something like
Ubuntu; it'll punch the appropriate holes in iptables so you can
actually share the data.

Fedora is a PITA - you have to assign specific (i.e. non-random) ports,
then open them up. All too much trouble - what the hell is the package
manager (*not*) doing during the install ?.

Back to your regular programming ...

Shane ...