Hello!
I agree!
I use Slackware for internal use only, even though it is becoming to be
nearly an acceptable distribution. There are a few hosting entities for
example who support it, and probably wouldn't mind if I arranged for my
favorites to be roosting there.

That being said, go with what works. If you're using say SLES for one thing
in its Intel shape, then use it for System Z. If you do get RH to work for
your Oracle project then it goes for Intel.

But currently I'm only back of the benches for this round......
---
Gregg C Levine hansolofal...@att.net
"This signature is not the same one. Move along! Move along!"

Everything I
> have installed is currently under test.  We are looking at revamping what
we have.  I
> would like to pose a few questions.
> >
> > There is the prospect of Novell being purchased by Attachmate.  I
understand that in
> the past SLES has been more responsive to the x390 platform.
> >
> > If you were just starting out, would you use Red Hat instead of SLES??
> >
> > Are there other more pressing reasons to choose one over the other??
> >
> > The Oracle DBA indicates that Oracle is easier to implement under Red
Hat.  How