Compare the /etc/ssh/sshd_config files ..  there are some authorization
check thingies in there - SLES may be turning some on by default that RH
isn't.   Last resort - compare the /etc/pam.d/sshd files which can also
effect how ssh logins are processed.

Wouldn't think it's a bug - more likely a difference in configuration..

Scott Rohling