On 5 January 2011 18:25, Marcy Cortes <marcy.d.cor...@wellsfargo.com> wrote:
> It appears that every server with a WAS ND node agent running on it uses
>a multicast address of 232.133.104.73.  Apparently that is IBM's default.
>
> Is that required or something that can be turned off?  I kind of suspect maybe
> it can be turned off.  See:
> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21237705
> , but I'm not sure.    I think we tell them where each other live and a
> discovery isn't
> needed... but maybe not?

For all it's worth; we have a couple of test environments in which that
traffic gets dropped by iptables (and reported on, which is how we
noticed it in the first place) w/o ill effects.

In others whoever stood WAS up disabled it (which means the logs
don't fill up w/ drop messages).

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.