>>> On 1/5/2011 at 06:41 PM, "Smith, Ann (ISD, IT)" <ann.sm...@thehartford.com>
wrote:
> Any ideas how important /dev/disk/by-name is and how to get it back?

I wouldn't think it's terribly important unless someone went out of their way
to use by-name for something.  I would suggest running zfcp_disk_configure for
all the LUNs you had previously, to make sure they get put into the
hwcfg-zfcp-bus-ccw-0.0.4800 file.  Otherwise when the system gets rebooted,
they're not going to be active any longer.  Since you had a backup copy, if you
look in hwcfg-zfcp-bus-ccw-0.0.4800 and they're already there, then you should
be OK at the next reboot.

  • Bad typo Smith, Ann (ISD, IT)
    • Re: Bad typo Mark Post