From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of
Alan Altmark
Sent: Monday, 21 February 2011 3:48 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: OpenSSL Floating Point Exception

On Sunday, 02/20/2011 at 11:20 EST, "Gillis, Mark" <mark.gil...@ca.com>
wrote:
> I'm writing an application that communicates between z/OS (1.12) and
> z/Linux (SuSE SLES11) using an SSL connection. On the z/OS (client)
> side, I'm using the System SSL API and on the z/Linux (server) side
I'm
> using OpenSSL. I'm currently testing with a self-signed certificate
and
> when I issue the SSL_accept() call in Linux, there appears to be an
> ABEND (no return from the call ,with the connection being reset). On
> closer inspection with a CP TRACE, it appears to be a Floating Point
> Exception (DLGR instruction dividing FP2 by FP4, where FP4 is zero).
> This is in the SSL_accept() code, not mine.
>
> It seems that this may be specific to z/Linux, since if I run the
server
> under SuSE Linux on Intel, using certificates generated in the same
> manner as those for z/Linux, everything works.

You'll need to open a problem with Novell or whoever is providing your
distro support.  They will be able to quickly tell you if it is a known
problem.

You might also try it with the same certificate, rather than one
"generated in a similar manner."  That could help narrow down the
problem.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training