Careful with those numbers.  Some of those tests were on some pretty old
hardware.  There have been z/VM SCSI performance improvements, qioassist,
and 2 rounds of FCP firmware improvements in the meantime.  More up to
date info is probably there.  You'll just have to click through some of
the links.

Also, this might help:

http://public.dhe.ibm.com/common/ssi/ecm/en/zsw03129usen/ZSW03129USEN.PDF

Ray Higgs