From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of
Mark Post
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:04 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Cups, Samba, and Usernames

>>> On 3/15/2011 at 06:06 PM, "Lester, Doug" <dles...@harryanddavid.com>
wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Unfortunately, the user still shows up as "guest".

I guess my next question is whether the users are going through Samba at
all, or hitting the printer via CUPS on HTTP port 631.  When I look at
my wife's desktop, Windows Explorer shows our CUPS printer as:
printername on http://servername:631.

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or