On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 9:01 PM, adam shea <ajsheam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to set up gcc on my laptop to cross compile for s390
> architecture. Has anyone attempted this? Pointers and words of wisdom would
> be appreciated greatly.

It takes a lot of patience and a steady hand. Look into Dan Kegel's
"crosstool" to simplify the process.  http://kegel.com/crosstool/

I still recall my the time when I successfully generated the s390
version of glibc, but one typo in the command made it replace the
Intel binaries on the host. The system obviously came to a grinding
halt and I had to re-install Linux :-(

Rob