Any messages in /var/log/messages that coincide?

On 4/11/11 4:24 PM, "Dean, David (I/S)" <david_d...@bcbst.com> wrote:

Help,  Websphere 7.0, zvm 6, java / websphere randomly dropping.  PS shows java
actually died and we have to restart WAS.  We have several servers running the
same scenario on a different domain with no issues, EXCEPT we are on zvm 5.4.

Also this is a highly tied down domain for Medicare and the firewall rules are
really strict - any chance there?

We were getting doing certain "writes" to the WebSphere directory, put user in
root group solved some unknown access / security issue there.  Now it is dying
during websphere lookup calls  ( I will have to get a better definition of what
that means from developer

I hate WAS.