Hello list,

We are pleased to announce a new paper "Sharing and Maintaining SLES 11
SP1 Linux under z/VM using FBA disks DCSSs and an NSS".  It is on the Web
at the top of the page: http://www.vm.ibm.com/linux/dcss/

It describes how to set up "read-only-root" systems on FBA/SCSI disks with
SLES 11 SP1 using DCSSs for the file systems and swap spaces. It's an
update of a paper published just over a year ago that describes systems on
ECKD disks using SLES 11. The work was largely done by Craig Collins and
Robert Taylor of the State of Wisconsin. It was verified on our systems by
Jeng-Fang (Nick) Wang of IBM.  There is also a new short section on
disaster recovery.

We hope it helps. As always, feedback is welcome on or off-list. Thanks to
all who helped out.

                                               Mike MacIsaac, Jeng-Fang
Wang, IBM
                                               Craig Collins, Robert