Hello list,

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've tried scrubbing, I've tried soaking,
but I still get ... (no, sorry, just kidding)

I've tried CMS formatting, I've tried VNC, I've tried SSH with two shells,
but I still get:

   Error                                           │
│  No hard disks and no hard disk controllers were │
│  found for the installation.                     │
│  Check your hardware.

*After* I activate my two minidisks, from a second shell, I can see:

inst-sys:~ # cat /proc/dasd/devices
0.0.0151(ECKD) at ( 94:     0) is dasda       : active at blocksize: 4096,
36000 blocks, 140 MB
0.0.0150(ECKD) at ( 94:     4) is dasdb       : active at blocksize: 4096,
555840 blocks, 2171 MB
inst-sys:~ # lsmod | grep dasd
dasd_eckd_mod          91476  6
dasd_mod              100678  3 dasd_eckd_mod

But then after formatting, as yast goes to the next screen, all is gone:

inst-sys:~ # cat /proc/dasd/devices
inst-sys:~ # lsmod | grep dasd

So I try putting the disks back manually:

inst-sys:~ # modprobe dasd_mod dasd=0.0.0150,0.0.0151
inst-sys:~ # modprobe dasd_eckd_mod
inst-sys:~ # lsmod | grep dasd
dasd_eckd_mod          91476  0
dasd_mod              100678  1 dasd_eckd_mod
inst-sys:~ # cat /proc/dasd/devices

But they're still not there.

This is really strange. I can't think of anything else, so it may be a
pain, but I'll try defining the two minidisks on a different CEC using the
same cylinders and seeing if the install works from there. Stay tuned ...

"Mike MacIsaac" <mike...@us.ibm.com>   (845) 433-7061