From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Richard
Troth
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 12:43 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: 32 bit and 64 bit libraries of the same product

Yep.  What Mark said.

To try and boost your comfort level, know that many of us regularly
load both versions of many libraries.  I have yet to experience any
problem from that because the 64-bit flavor is always reliably
addressed along a different file path.

32-bit programs run just fine on a 64-bit Linux.  I find this to be
true for both PC and "z".  What a 32-bit program cannot do is load a
64-bit shared library.  So you need the relevant 32-bit shared libs if
you're running a 32-bit app.  Common practice.

Rick Troth
Velocity Software
http://www.velocitysoftware.com/