From: Dazzo, Matt [mailto:mda...@pch.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:16 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Linux Applications

As part of our upgrade from a z890 to a z10BC our VAR threw in an IFL,
Zvm/Linux and support to sweeten the deal. Although we do not currently have a
business application for Linux we have zvm and 2 linux servers up and running
for a learning experience and grins. We are running zvm 6.4 and RH5.6

My question is what are some tools or 'nice to have items' that can be
installed and used to benefit the company at this point?  I am looking to learn
the environment and expand the roll of Linux on the MF here if possible. Thanks

Matthew Dazzo
Sr MVS Systems Programmer
Publishers Clearing House